ENERGY & MARITIME
The global energy consumption will continue to grow driving investments in cleaner and more sustainable energy production to limit global emissions. Digital technology disruption offers new communication solutions enabling the industry to become more data driven optimising and improving asset efficiency.
Data Respons has in-depth industry know-how and more than 30 years’ experience in developing software, smarter IoT and embedded solutions certified for extreme and challenging environments.
Growth in renewable energy production
Growth in global CO2 emissions by 2040
mainly from power generation
Of world trade carried by international
APPLICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Smart grid / Smart home solutions
- Smart charging systems and robots
- Energy-efficient control and telemanagement technology
- System solutions for energy storage and renewable power
- Mission critical system for renewable energy production utilities
- High-performance platforms for the clean-tech industry
- Power-saving wireless technology for home/industrial control and automatic meter reading
- Digital ship and maritime IoT applications
- Automated identification systems (AIS)
- High-tech vessel stabilisation
- Customised, modular and maritime certified panels, computers and solutions
- Control and communication systems (Innovative and custom system designs)
- Advanced data-collection systems for refuse
- Video surveillance, monitoring and distribution over Ethernet
OIL & GAS
- Fibre-optical signal distribution
- Sensor reference platforms
- Down-hole and pipeline inspection tools
- Subsea Electronics Module (SEM) technology
- AUV technology systems and solutions
- Industrial flow measurement computer systems
- ROV controllers and sensors
Autonomous cable survey with magnetometersAn extensive network of conductors is needed to transmit electricity from power stations to the consumers. When these cables cross a large portion of water, they are usually buried beneath the seabed. The cables are here exposed to the marine environment and regular surveys are required. Unmanned subsea vehicles are usually used to carry out said surveys.
Read more »
EnergyBASE: Iot-based solution for innovative energy managementThe market for electrical power has changed substantially during the last couple of years. Central power plants are getting less important while decentralised power production of regenerative energy becomes more common. The so called “Energiewende” in Germany, a political program to shut down nuclear power plants and foster solar power and wind farms, has fueled this development and allows private households to sell energy into the public power grid. EnBW, one of Germany’s biggest producer of electrical energy is driving a project which helps the typical home owner to migrate from mere energy consumption to becoming a “prosumer” (producer-consumer) with local power production and storage by solar panels and stationary batteries. “EnergyBASE” represents a paradigm shift for EnBW. Rather than just selling power to their customers, EnBW is now offering technology and process know-how for energy management.
Read more »
Distributed monitoring & control using DDSUlstein has developed control systems for the maritime sector for decades, and are continuously seeking to improve their solutions and products to solve the demanding challenges their customers face. Recently, their search for an improved control system platform led them towards the Data Distribution Service (DDS). Find how their use of DDS simplifies both system architecture, development and testability.
Read more »